Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Foodie Delight: Cheesy Tuna Pesto Pasta

Because I had extra spaghetti noodles from the Kung Pao Pasta I made last night, I decided to make another version of my pasta favorites, this time, a simple dish that is the Cheesy Tuna Pesto Pasta.

I like pesto dishes because it's aromatic, tastes organic and greeny, and healthy!

Here's what I used:
1. 6 cloves of garlic, minced
2. 100 to 200g spaghetti noodles (this works better if penne is used)
3. 1 pack Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto Sauce
4. 1 can of tuna (better if brine in water because the taste won't compete with the pesto oil)
5. olive oil
6. salt & pepper to taste
7. Parmesan cheese (optional)


To cook:
1. Heat pan with olive oil. Saute garlic.
2. Remove the excess vegetable oil/water from tuna. Add to garlic. Cook for 5min.
3. Add the spaghetti noodles (should be cooked already as instructed in pack). Mix well.
4. Add Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto Sauce. Shake the container first before pouring to the pan so that the pesto will be well distributed.
5. Mix all the ingredients for 5min.
6. Add 1 to 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
7. Add salt & pepper to taste.

Cheesy Tuna Pesto Pasta
It's a sure quickfire meal! As I'm writing this, baby Rocco is kicking like crazy. I think he liked what mama cooked for him :) But this should really end my cooking because I'm gulping carbs from the pasta overload.Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...