Monday, August 22, 2011

Foodie Delight: Charlie Chan Pasta ala Dianey :)

I took a break from cooking because of a spotting incident I had a few weeks back. I think my body grew tired from all the walking, chopping, preparing and the heat from the stove. Thank GOD it was just a minor spotting and nothing harmed the precious baby :)

Well, now that I'm back to being A-OK, I got the itch again to cook! Nothing too grand in terms of preparation, just the quickfire meals.

Hubby was budging me to cook spaghetti with my special ingredients, but the preparation is too tedious, so I opted to try my own version of Yellow Cab's Charlie Chan Pasta. The main ingredient is the Kung Pao Sauce, which brings out the distinct sweet-hot-salty-spicy flavor of the pasta.

So off to the grocery, I grabbed some ingredients:

1. 250g spaghetti (I bought 500g and it was too much)
2. 2 cloves of garlic (I like a lot of garlic so I used around 6 cloves)
3. 3 pcs chicken fillet, breast part, and sliced thinly. Dash some iodized salt.
4. 1/2 pack roasted peanuts (I just used the generic salted peanuts)
5. 1pack Clara Ole Kung Pao sauce
6. 1/2 red bell pepper (I love red bell pepper so I used 1& 1/2 pcs)
7. 3 tbsp oil (I used olive oil, didn't measure, just made sure I had enough to cook the chicken)
8. Spring onion (Forgot to buy this so I used tanglad/lemongrass as replacement, which was freshly picked from the compound garden)
9. salt & ground pepper to taste
10. chili sauce or flakes (If you like it really spicy. I didn't use this)

I forgot to take pictures of my preparation. Maybe next time when I cook it again.

So here's what I did:

1. Cook spaghetti as instructed in the pack.
2. Heat pan with olive oil, saute garlic and add chicken. I cooked it for 15min. The flavor really comes out when it's dashed with salt, and cooked in low fire.
3. Mix in red bell pepper, peanuts and spring onion/lemongrass. Continue to stir fry.
4. Pour in kung pao sauce. Add salt & ground pepper to taste.
5. Mix in the pasta until well coated.

Charlie Chan Pasta ala Dianey :)
Judging from hubby & helper's reactions, it was a success! My next recipe is tuna pesto pasta :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...