Friday, July 27, 2012

Rocco the reader

Of course Rocco can't read yet, but he really takes interest everytime I read to him. I wasn't patient in reading to him while I was still pregnant. Even when he was born, I would only read occasionally because he wouldn't respond. But now that he's 8 months old and very interactive, reading has become more fun!

I read to him at night before we sleep. This caps our night time bonding. Everytime I bring out the books, he would always drop his toys and crawl straight toward the books. When I recite the words, he would look at me and really focus on what I'm saying. Then when I point to the pictures in the books, he would also take a look.

I hope Rocco develops real fondness for books. I will buy him more and more for as long as he reads them!

1 comment:

  1. That's nice to know, Ms. Diane! Books are good! Making kids develop an interest for reading while still young is a great investment! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...