Monday, May 28, 2012

Cervical Cancer Protection

I was supposed to get my post-pregnancy vaccine shots from my OB a month after I gave birth. But due to my hive allergies from my birth medications, my OB delayed the shots to give my body time to flush out the allergies.

And then I forgot to go back to the clinic. Or I chose not to. My OB is an in-demand doctor, and her patient list would spike up to almost a hundred a day. Since she's busy, she would arrive late, and would finish her clinic consults as late as 10PM. I remember one time, we had to wait from 8AM to 4PM for our checkup. Spell H-A-S-S-L-E.
Then last week, Hubby informed me that their company is sponsoring cervical cancer vaccination for all their female employees and female dependents of male employees in participation of the Women's Month, which is celebrated every May. Nice noh! It's a subsidized rate for only P4,000 for 3 shots. At my OB's clinic, it costs P7,500 to P10,500 depending on the brand.

Cervical cancer vaccination is an important step for all women. It's a breakthrough in science to help fight the spread of the big C. If we can prevent it from happening to us, then let's grab the opportunity.

Prevention is always better than the cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...