Sunday, January 27, 2013

Of Conquered Fears, New Milestones, and Family Time

We've been on this routine for three weeks now, all because of my driving lessons. Every Saturday morning has become a "hurry" time at home because we're always in a hurry to beat my 10AM call time  It wouldn't be much of an effort if it was just hubby and me, but we always tag along Rocco so we can have our family time afterwards (and mommies can relate how preparation can take time when you have an active toddler in tow). I'm not complaining though, because it's like hitting two birds with one stone.

Of conquered fears...
Slowly but surely, I'm conquering my fear of driving. I'm more at ease now, gaining more control of my car. I even managed to stay away from a road accident while driving in SRP, Mandaue and Reclamation. These are the busy streets of Cebu. I have two more sessions to go and hopefully by then I would be confident enough to drive on my own. Kaya ko to! :)

New Milestones...
As OA as it may seem, we celebrate Rocco's first milestones. I'm sure other parents can relate out there. Everytime our child does something new, we're always full of pride and happiness. For the first time yesterday, Rocco spent time in a Fun House with his Daddy. They were waiting for me to finish with my driving lessons so they played there. Hubby said our little boy had so much fun! I'm so excited when it's my turn to join him there :)

Family Time...
Because both Hubby and I are full time working parents, weekends become so valuable that we organize our activities around our family. This weekend was one of those simple and fun times. After my driving lesson, I fetched my boys at SM and we headed off to the pedia for Rocco's immunization. Rocco was super friendly with the other kids, and it made me so proud :)  After finishing with our pedia checkup, we had yummy merienda at Cafe Laguna and feasted on halo-halo and banana split. After satisfying our cravings, we went to Forever 21 where I shopped!!! Hay sarap magshopping! Sana every weekend ay shopping weekend. While I was busy trying on clothes, Hubby was on Daddy duty :) Buti nagbehave ang baby and just slept in his stroller.


Dear God,
Thank you for blessing us with simple moments that last a lifetime. Thank you for my family, for our good health, and our bountiful resources that allow us to live enriched lives. We live for your glory. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...