Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Grandma Marlyn's Happy Birthday

Ever since Sieg and I became BF-GF, my side of the family would always get invited to spend noche buena at Sieg's house because it's also my mother-in-law's birthday. It has become a tradition for 6 years already. Nasanay na din ang family ko kaya we don't prepare anymore for the Christmas Eve dinner, instead we transferred our family celebration to Christmas Day lunch.

For this year, it became extra special because it was Rocco's first time to celebrate the holidays in Tacloban. Everyone was excited!
Meet my mother-in-law, Mama Marlyn. She's the most thoughtful, generous and supportive MIL one can ever have. We are so blessed to have her.
Wonder where Rocco got his chinky eyes? I get asked all time time. Wonder no more. I also found out from my FIL (in red) that Sieg's great grandfather is 100% pure Chinese. Rocco is a 4th gen Yu-Morden (the maiden family name of my MIL) so he may have gotten all the chinese genes.
My son is being dressed up for dinner but he's still super kulit :) 
Our last decent picture for the night. As soon as my family and by husband's relatives arrived, everything was a blur. Plus I was too focused on Rocco not knocking out because he's super likot!
 My family enjoying their dinner. Those 2 grandmas (in eyeglasses and white hair) are my father's sisters. Auntie Esther came home from the US for the holidays and they stayed with us in our house.
With my papa (in black at the back) and mama. Sayang we don't have a decent picture together :(

Happy Birthday Mama Marlyn! 
Wishing you more blessed and healthy years ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...