Friday, September 28, 2012

The Past and the Present

I opened my old Multiply because I heard it's closing soon (HOW TRUE?) and I wanted to check if I still had photo albums that I could back up.

Then I chanced upon my blog. Nakakatuwa naman basahin ang old posts ko. Reminiscing lang ang peg ko. This one I wrote when I was getting crazy with my hectic schedule as a working student.
--------------------------------------
JUST DESTRESSING
Written last April 27, 2008

It has been months since I last wrote in my blog. Instead, I've been continually cramming to finish and submit endless papers for my MBA. Haaaaayyyy...I wish I can fastrack time and end it all.

Pero sabi, never complain. Ok, I'm not complaining. I'm just destressing :) Seriously, I've had a lot of crazy things going on since the year started. Mapapantayan ko na ata ang hectic schedule ng showbiz people. Sana ganon din ako kalakas kumita :)

Seriously again, these are crazy times. My schedule is so crazy that sometimes, I'm amazed that my body is still holding on. Thanks to my daily dose of vitamin C and my conscious effort to eat healthy stuff, hindi pa naman ako nagbbreakdown. Malapit na cguro. Speaking of healthy eating, I have to give credit to my ever dearest Siegfred for being my great influence on that department. He's my in-house nutritionist. Hehe.

Hay.....my insomnia is kicking in, and it's gonna kill me in no time. My body is tired, but my mind is still pumping adrenaline hormones. I had a hectic week preparing for a nationwide event, medical appointments to attend to,  school stuff to finish (1 full video, 3 presentations, 4 written papers), night classes to attend, events to maneuver and oversee, had to endure fattening hotel food, deprive myself of long sleep on a Saturday morning because I had a 9-3PM class, despite the fact that I slept at 3AM the night before.......the list just goes on.
I deserve a real break so I could just hide off to some secluded beach with Siegfred. Huhuhu...Ok lang, malapit na.

--------------------------------------
That was my life when I was still single, full of adventure, fun, and crazy schedules. Now, I cannot imagine going back to the "old" life. I'm getting old now, and I cannot take the crazy schedule anymore. Not when I have to wake up early mornings to feed my son and change his diaper.

My life now revolves around my family. Yes, my social life has been put to a hault though I try to squeeze in some time with friends. 

On a normal day, we are forced to wake up early because the little boy wakes up early. I prepare his breakfast, feed him, bathe him, prepare myself, eat breakfast, and we're off to work. Throughout the day, I constantly check on Rocco and the girls.

Weekends are sacred. I run a household with my husband, which takes a lot of skill and communication, if I must say. We do groceries, go to the wet market once a week, make schedules for our househelp, and plan out our menus. All the extra time we have, we spend on quality time with our boy.

But I'm not complaining. I love this life! This is what I've always wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...