Thursday, September 6, 2012

Working From Home

Sometimes, I contemplate on being a stay-at-home mommy. I will have more time with Rocco, monitor him well, and I will be there on his every milestone.

On the other hand, working also gives me a sense of fulfillment. More importantly, I grew up with both of my parents working, yet all the time, I never felt that the love and attention they gave us were ever inadequate. They were always there for the big & small moments, and always made sure that we're their number 1 priority.

I guess it's all about work-life balance. It was easier then. Or maybe, people just tend to complicate life nowadays. If my mother was able to do it, then I guess I can. I get so much inspiration from her.

Anyway, I'm blessed because I work for a company who allows me to have a flexible schedule. I can also work from home when the need arises.

Yesterday, I worked from home because our helper went kaput. She'll be away for around 6 days, so it's a bit of an adjustment for all of us.

The yaya mostly tended to the household chores that the helper left, while I worked, and at the same time looked after Rocco. He's in the semi-independent stage now so I just placed him in the crib for most of the day. Anyway, when I carry him, all he does is climb on me, just like what he does on the crib. He can play on his own without getting bored, and can stand on the edges of his playpen. I just turned on the TV so he would have something else to look at (I KNOW! BAD MOMMY!).
Rocco was so happy to have me around because he did not sleep at all during the day! He did not even poopoo! He's like that during weekends when we are home. By 6PM, the little boy was so sleepy already, but of course we had our sponge bath and playtime first. I miss this a lot because sometimes we go home late, so I just ask the yaya to sponge bath him. I'm a bit sad about this because I made it a personal goal to be the one to always put Rocco to sleep at night.

Kaya, this got me contemplating. I know it's a no-brainer. I will choose home over office anytime if only the circumstances will allow it. Kelan kaya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...