Monday, April 2, 2012

I think Rocco is teething!

Yes, my baby is teething! I didn't expect it to happen this early, because he is only four months old. Usually, symptoms appear on the sixth or seventh month.

It started a few days ago, when he refused to milk. Then he began rubbing his gums and biting on his finger. I thought all the while that he was thumb-sucking, but he didn't make the sucking sound, so I observed more closely.
He's also drooling so heavily. A bib won't last an hour, because it gets wet easily from all the wiping. Then just this weekend, Rocco became so irritable, especially during feeding time. When I checked his gums, they were swelling a bit, and whitish, which according to my brother, are signs of teething.  I massaged his gums with a wet washcloth, dipped in ice-cold water, and he really liked it! Yesterday, I bought a gel-type teether which hopefully will help my baby with his pain. If the swelling progresses, it's time to use Xylogel.

Haaaay, my baby is growing! Soon, he'll be eating solids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...