Last Sunday, we took time off from hearing mass with Rocco because he was still nursing a cold. We just stayed home, slept, played with him, and had our celebratory blowing of his monthsary cake :) Unlike the previous months where he had little reaction at all to the candles or the cake, this time, he couldn't stop staring at the cake (as if he wanted to eat) and I even freaked out a bit because he kept on reaching for the lighted candles!
His other milestones which I'm happy to note are:
- During tummy time, he can already lift his chest by extending his arms.
- He can roll over and then back with ease.
- He can sit for longer periods with support.
- He loves it when he bounces, so we play horsey horsey a lot.
- He puts anything he can get hold of in his mouth. But this time, his grip and grasp are more firm.
- He reaches out for things already. He loves to reach out for "Jenny the Giraffe".
- He grabs his toes and tries to raise them so it would reach his mouth.
- He thumbsucks A LOT! I'm still thinking of a way to correct this. I don't want to use a pacifier.
- He knows when it's vitamin time. He opens his mouth on queue!
- He babbles and talks a lot.
- He already knows who Mommy and Daddy are.
- He knows his name, and responds when being called. But I think he likes it better when we call him "Pogi" because his smile is unmistakeable.
- He loves to grab my hair, poke on my face, or just touch my hands.
- He smiles at himself when facing the mirror. He finds himself so cute!
- He knows how to resist when he doesn't want or like something.
Happy 5th Rocco!!!
Mommy and Daddy loves you to the moon and back!