We bought an oven a few months back because I wanted to try baking. I was actually inspired by Garet, my Smartee friend who is behind the amazing blog Kwentong Pinay sa Sverige. Seeing all her yummy posts made me want to try it too.
We sourced out our ingredients from Baking Depot, a standalone wholesale store her in Cebu that sells anything and everything about baking.
Then I just followed the recipe but did some tweakings in between to suit my taste.
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened to room temperature. I use Magnolia
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar. The original recipe said 1 and 1/2 but I found it too sweet so I adjusted
- 2 eggs, bring to room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract. I use McCormick
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 to 3 cups chocolate chips or mashed chocolate bar
1. Cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar until it is nice and fluffy (approx. 3min on medium to high speed in your mixer).
2. Add eggs and vanilla and mix for another 2min.
3. Add baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, flour until cookie batter is well mixed.
4. Add chocolate chips until well distributed.
5. Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees.
6. Scoop the cookie dough into small round servings and place evenly in your baking sheet.
7. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes. Place on the higher shelf of your oven.
8. This can serve around 40 to 48 cookies.