Saturday, January 11, 2014

How we spent Christmas PART 1

Since our families in Tacloban were displaced after Yolanda, everyone decided that we would collectively spend Christmas in Manila. My SIL has a condo where my in-laws stayed, while my parents stayed with my sister who has a house of her own there. We could not stay in our own house in Makati since we had it rented our already.

It was really bittersweet to spend Christmas in a different place, most especially for my parents who are home-grown Taclobanons. We could still sense the sadness every time we talked about their Yolanda experience, and what it did to our home. But still, we made the most out of the limited time we had together, and made it more memorable especially for my son, nieces, and nephew.

We left for Manila on December 21. It was a much-awaited vacation since prior to that, work for both my husband and I was really hectic and we had limited time with Rocco. It was a good decision also not to bring his yaya during the Christmas trip so we can have more privacy and bonding time with our son.

Hubby's brother went home from Dubai for my MIL's 6oth birthday, so it was also a reunion for their side of the family.




































The day we arrived in Manila, we had dinner at the Ayala Triangle Garden where amazing Christmas lights were on display.











































































We split our time between my in-laws and my immediate family. We spent the first half with my in-laws. Rocco enjoyed his time in the super mini-playground of his Auntie Ann's condo.
I also had the chance to meet up with my elementary and high school friends who were in Manila. All our families were directly affected by supertyphoon Yolanda.


























We had lunch at the posh 7th Avenue of the Bonifacio Global City, and had some tea at the Serendra strip where our kids enjoyed their time at the park.



































After more than a year, it was also the first time that Rocco and his BFF Geboy met again. Boy have they grown so fast!



































After my lunch and afternoon with friends, we headed off to SM Aura to meet up with my in-laws. We watched the cartoon movie, Frozen. Such a beautiful movie, parang ako ata ang mas nag-enjoy :) Rocco was behaved for about 3/4 of the movie, until he started saying "Go Home!" Patay tayo diyan! We took turns to bring him out of the cinema because he was getting noisy by the minute.
 The next day was the 60th birthday of my MIL. We originally planned to have a big celebration in Tacloban, but due to the aftermath of Yolanda, the plan was abruptly changed. Since most of my hubby's relatives also temporarily relocated to Manila, the family decided to hold a simple gathering on my MIL's birthday, which was hosted at the function hall of my SIL's condo. My side of the family was also there.




































That's my MIL in the pretty floral red dress :)

























Some of my hubby's relatives.



































My cute little boy said he was a monster. He was copying Sully from the Monster's Inc movie.
























The next day was Christmas day and it was time to open the gifts. Rocco had a lot of gifts. He is a blessed and lucky child. We had lunch at my sister's house, then heard mass, and then went to Uniqlo to shop before eating dinner (eating again!). Seriously, I love that store! I think in all the times that we dropped by malls while in Manila, we went to Uniqlo each time, and stayed there the longest :)

PS: I don't have any other photos of Christmas day. Maybe my hands were too full running after my son :)


The day after Christmas, we didn't have any specific plans. My SIL was busy preparing for her US trip the next day, and my BIL was also flying off to Dubai after a few days. It was also the last day we were spending with my hubby's side of the family because we transferred to my sister's house the next day.

My boys killed time by swimming at the pool. After lunch, we slept and after we woke up, headed off to SM MOA. Of all the malls I've been to, I dislike MOA the most. It's just too crowded for me. And for a person like me who craves for space, I always get a splitting headache in those places. Anyway, after MOA, we braved the traffic and rainy night, and had dinner at Dampa.

The next day, we were off to my side of the family! That's part II!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...